Friday, May 29, 2009

Office Hijinks

They built us a new building. In part because the old building has been condemned for years. At the beginning of the day, I thought I was moving Wednesday. Moving crew was here ready to take my table (desk) away, so I cleared everything off and put it out in the hall. The table is gone.

Just before lunchtime, I realized that any furniture that had green masking tape with an address got picked up an carted off. Everything else is being surplussed. I found some of the green masking tape, and started labeling things and putting them in the hall. I'm sending stuff to people I know around campus. Several rolling knee height file cabinets are headed out to various people. A bookcase is going back to the Talmage building where I got it 9 years ago. (Different department there now.) Some old chairs are headed back to the head of our department, he hasn't seen them in 8 years. The old blue couch isn't allowed in the new building, it's labeled to go to one of the high councilmen.

Now it looks like it will be Thursday or later that we will be let into the new building. Which makes my hijinks of the day a little unfortunate:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome.

rob