Monday, December 14, 2009

Communication Breakdown

Saturday evening I got a call from the guy on my team that was oncall. Something silly was happening at work. I was in the kitchen with Adam at the time, feeding him junk food. I brought my laptop in the kitchen and was poking around at things. A short time later, I knocked a cup of Diet Dr. Pepper into the laptop. The thing powered itself down.

I drained the laptop the best I could, the thing would not power on. I left it overnight. No power on. This morning, I went into work, put it on my docking station, and the thing powered up. Tara mentioned the laptop in our morning prayers, that must have been what did it. I'm just telling people it had a caffeine overdose.

This morning I built myself a Linux install on my backup drive at work. That way if the laptop fries later in the week, I will have something I can plug into some other computer and get work done.

Tara bought a Dr. Pepper t-shirt at the store the other day. I toyed with wearing it today, but figured that was a little too close to home at the time. Maybe tomorrow.

The worst part about dumping the drink into the laptop? That was the last of the Dr. Pepper in the house.

No comments: