Thursday, January 21, 2010

The dinner Tara missed out on


I was at the store tonight ("Babysitter Thursday"), and figured I should eat something for dinner. I was in the produce aisle and got some zucchini. Last year in NYC, at Carmine's, we had some fried shredded zucchini. It was great. I've been trying to duplicate the recipe, and I think I am getting closer. They don't have the recipe in their cookbook, just a picture of the things. It might be time to for an investigative return trip...

Anyhow, after getting the zucchini, I thought "steak pizzaiola." I can't resist. I got a nice ribeye. I went home to send the babysitter on her way.

The onion rings were a game time decision. And not a bad one. Unless I wake up in the morning paying for it all.

Tara's out of town, so I didn't had back on the crushed red pepper, either. Good stuff.

No comments: