Monday, January 11, 2010

"Out, damn'd spot! out, I say!"

After my epic fail yesterday at washing off the mess in the bathroom yesterday, I decided that I didn't really want to live my life like Lady MacBeth. (I don't watch crime dramas on TV. Do you ever see someone cleaning up the messes the next day on CSI or Law and Order?) Anyhow, on the way home from work today, we stopped for nail polish remover, both acetone and acetone-free.

The acetone-free nail polish remover didn't really do much. I used a lot of it, but it didn't help much, so I moved to the hard stuff. Turns out the real nail polish remover actually removes nail polish! It also removes paint. (More brown was coming off than red, so I'll leave the wall for later, when I get the paint out in the Spring to finish painting the house. The bathroom had some places that needed touching up anyway...)

Tomorrow there may not be any paint left on a couple of areas of the bathroom, and the plastic seat lid may turn black and crack, but for now, the bathroom doesn't look completely like a crime scene.

No comments: