Monday, January 18, 2010

To the Miata parked in front of my house

I'm not sure where your driver is, but he didn't come to my house. Or, likely, our neighbors, who are not home, or the elderly couple across the street. I assume he went to the house to visit one of the single girls over the way.

I'm not sure why you weren't parked in front of that house. No one is parked there at all. Was your driver trying to be sneaky, parking over here? Let me tell you why I park the van in front of the house. It's so those crazy kids of mine do not walk in the mud on the way in the house. This is especially important on a night like tonight, where it's wet.

Maybe your driver didn't notice the truck you got parked behind. It's not a giant of a truck, but it's not a little tiny truck, either. That truck could eat you for lunch. It feels to me like the truck is dying to throw it into 4 wheel drive, pull forward a little, then shift to reverse and let it rip. Up and over, baby, up and over...

For now, console yourself in the fact that I am restraining the truck from taking that action.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Way to practice restraint. Maybe the Miata will get a ticket and never park there again.