Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Restaurant Review

Chili's
American Fork, UT

We were driving around looking for a place to eat last night. I wasn't feeling the greatest and didn't want to stop at a place that would upset my stomach. Chili's was a safe bet, I can always count on their chips and salsa in a pinch. (I once got a double order of chips & salsa at the St. Louis airport, for a flight to somewhere back East. The people sitting next to me watched me eat the entire bag. There were very impressed...)

Tara and I rarely get the deals that have dinner for two for a particular price, usually there is either not something on the list I can/should/care to eat, or we are in the mood for something else, but this time we got Chili's 3 course dinner for two for $20.

We got the onion string & jalapeno stack for the appetizer. I ordered chips and salsa as well. The onion/jalapeno dish was pretty good. I ate about 18 of the japaenos, which I expected to not be super hot, but weren't too bad. The breading was much less greasy than the stuff you get from a bloomin'/blossum onion.

I tried their new Mini Tacos for my entree, Tara had the Mesquite Chicken salad. I ended up with two smoky chicken tacos and two ground beef tacos. The chicken tacos were a little bit weird. Maybe there was just a little too much tang in the smokey flavor or something. I thought the ground beef ones were pretty good. I thought the tacos would be crispy shelled when I ordered them, but they ended up being warm corn tortillas, not crispy. Not a problem, really, and probably healthier. Tara really liked her salad, it had all kinds of stuff in it.

For dessert, I think Tara wanted the chocolate chip paradise pie, but it came with ice cream, and she was planning just just take it with her, so she got the strawberry cheesecake. I dropped her off at her sister's house afterwards, and didn't get a report on the dessert, I expect it was just fine...

All in all, the 3 course meal from Chilis seems to be a pretty good deal.

No comments: