Sunday, January 24, 2010

Reading

I haven't been doing a lot of reading lately, I don't know what the problem is. It's not for a lack of books. I think I am just lazy. Tara read 94 books last year. I read nine, which doesn't even sound all that big when you spell it out.

I'm not even sure what I want to read. I've got some books hear at home in a pile, there's one sitting in the truck, and I've got one sitting at my desk at work. But none of them are getting read. I guess I need some suggestions.

Tara suggests that I read "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", but that seems like a thinly veiled attempt at getting me to read a Jane Austin book. Anyone else got anything to recommend? I've read quite a few in the past, I even once had a page listing all the ones I could remember. Maybe I need to rebuild that web page. Maybe there will be something in there that triggers something. Maybe I should look through the ones documented here. I think I'm tired of biographies right now, unless someone has a compelling one to recommend.

Anyhow, last year I read 9 books, in 2008 I read 17, in 2007 I read 14 books. Nothing close to 94. Maybe this year I should set a goal to read 12 books. One a month. Otherwise, I can totally see myself not getting any reading at all in this year...

No comments: