Monday, February 15, 2010

Badly in need of a haircut - AKA "When brimming with confidence meets lack of skill"

My hair was too long. I was in full 'helmet hair' mode. I lay down on the pillow at night, and my hair covered my ears, kept my head propped up, and started driving me crazy. I had to loosen the straps on my bipap, the hair was pushing the nose pillows up into my brain at night.

45 minutes to wait for a haircut at the haircut place. Too long for me. How hard can a haircut be? We have clippers. I've watched people cut my hair all my life...

I warmed up on Adam, who also needed a haircut. Tara helped with that one, trying to even things up. His hair will grow back. He handles my taking clippers to his head pretty good, no fussing. I gave him a mirror to watch today, which he enjoyed.

Then Tara left me to my own devices. I did the sides first, which was the easier part of cutting the hair, and I thought I did a good job. I thought the clippers were getting angry from being too hot so I took a break. When I came back to it, I dove into the top, and for some reason it was cutting kind of crooked. Turns out the clippers were in the process of falling apart. Before I realized what was happening, large sections of the top of my head were shorter than I wanted to get it. And the clippers fell apart.

I got a screwdriver, put the things back together, and shaved the head. It will grow back.

1 comment:

nelson said...

I had almost the same thing happen to me a few weeks back. I ended up putting the clippers back together and used a #1 to even it out, The weird thing is I acyually like it better. So I think I will stay with this style and I can do it myself and can spend my time on more important things especially on sunday mornig when I have to be at the church by 7