Thursday, February 11, 2010

Restaurant Review

Ruby River
Provo

It's been a long time since I've been to Ruby River, the restaurant has not really changed in years, except for a couple of things. First, there are less tables and more booths than they used to have. This is a nice change, I think. Booths are nice. The second change I might not have discovered, had I not had a gift certificate and been really hungry. They used to have a porterhouse steak on their dinner menu, but you could order it for lunch if you asked nicely. I was plenty hungry, and went in fully intending to order the porterhouse tonight, but they don't do a porterhouse anymore. Oh well. I got a 16 ounce New York strip, which was plenty tasty, and for once in my life, I took half home. It'll make a nice little lunch tomorrow.

We ordered a shrimp cocktail for Tara, and a Onion blossom, the onion was really hot and pretty greasy. Tara really liked the cocktail sauce that came with her shrimp. Both ordered soups with our meal as sides, the waitress eventually came out and asked us if we wanted the soups, Tara also had a salad that came. Well after the soup and salad was gone, the waitress came back and said she thought our entrees were almost ready. A little bit later, she came back and said the same thing. A little while later, she came back and said they had lost our ticket, found it, and were really working on our meal that time. She looked a little worried about it. I had already had four glasses of Dr. Pepper by then, didn't realize we had been there for an hour.

The manager brought our food back, waited to make sure it was ok, and was fairly attentive. I thought that was nice. My steak was very good, and the fries on the side were super hot. Tara had the pork chops, which she seemed to enjoy.

When the waitress brought the bill, the manager had comped the shrimp cocktail. Very nice of him. Add that to the gift certificate I used, and it was a very, very good meal for the price we paid.

All in all, the food is still as good as it ever has been, the restaurant is nicer than is used to be with more booths and less tables, and there's very little wait to get in on a Thursday night. Not a bad deal at all.

No comments: