Saturday, February 06, 2010

Spending 'spree'

We have a wellness program at work that does little health challenges through the year. A couple of years ago, they started offering rebates on your health insurance if you did the challenges. Last year they expanded it to spouses. This means we had the chance to get $400 back from them if we did it all. Tara did I all, I was a slacker.

Last week, Tara got a check for $200, I got one for $125.

One of the guys at work has been eating soups from a crockpot for the last month or so. Sounded like a good idea to me, so with part of my money, I got two 1.5 quart crock pots. I took one base to work, and left one base at home. 1.5 quarts of food is kind of a lot, especially for lunch. I've been using one of the crocks to make food the night before, then in the morning, I take half in one crock, and leave the other half at home for Tara. So far, so good. We had taco stew, meat and potatoes, and chili from the crock pots this week. I've got plans for this next week, so be pretty good.

Today I bought a new electric fryer and a rice cooker. We used the rice cooker tonight. It's got a delay timer on it, and settings for white rice, brown rice, and 'quick rice'. They also have a steamer basket for steaming food in the thing. We'll have to try that at some point.

The fryer will get a workout tomorrow at Drew's house. It's got a square basket, which I think I will like over the old round mixer we used to have.

Put those things with Tara's as of yet unnamed Valentine's present, and I've spent my windfall.

Tara's been working through her money this weekend, and got called on it by Visa Fraud Prevention. They called this afternoon to ask her what she was doing. They've got my information on the card, not hers, so I think she got close to having her card suspended, but they eventually started communicating and she got to keep going. I think she's almost done at this point...

Too much shopping for me, I'm done for the month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome...free money!

rob