Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Annual Quilt Shop Hop

Tara's got her annual Quilt Shop Hop next weekend. She's starting to recruit people to go with her. People seem to be ponying up, Tara has the big giant van to take people with, making it easier.

This is fine. Everyone has a hobby. Mine is eating potato chips, I guess. The one drawback is that I will be taking a day off next Friday to watch the kids. Which is also fine, except I've been trying to figure out an angle to get some sort of kick back from it. This is also not working out so well.

Why is it not working out so well? The next week I will be in Boston for a work trip. Tara tells me my reward is getting to leave town and eat out all week. I guess there is something to that. Maybe it is a pretty even trade.

Only problem is - I need a few more recommendations for really good places to eat in Boston. We are planning on the $15 subway passes, so we will be able to go all over. I've got the following so far:
  • The Squealing Pig - I hear that's the place for fish and chips...
  • Mr. Bartley's Burger Cottage
  • Sam La Grassa - For good sandwiches
  • Legal Seafoods
I also have someone trying to remember the really good lobster place he has been at downtown. I don't think we have enough options here yet. Not enough meals are covered. We've been warned off the food at the Cheer's place already.

Anyone got any favorites in Boston? What about some place in Chinatown? What about a can't miss pick in Little Italy?

Oh, and to those who say it's not 'babysitting' when it's your own kids, a reminder - when you have 6 kids, it's always babysitting...

2 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Holy cow! I love Boston and my FAVORITE place to eat is:

Moby Dicks
269 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115-4506
(617) 236-5511

Amazing persian food, kabob at its best. Not sure if you remember but my dad is persian, born and raised in Iran and we always go to Moby Dicks when we are in Boston. I must warn you its not cheap but it is oh so good :) I am so jealous!

My brother lives in Boston and I'll ask him for some more good ideas.

Sarah Burgoyne said...

As promised:

Here is a list of places to eat. My brother has gone to all these places several times and loves them all.

Good price:
Pho and I (Asian) 267 Huntington Ave Boston, MA 02115
Moby Dick (Persian) 269 Huntington Ave Boston, MA 02115
Al’s State Street CafĂ© (Sandwiches, no indoor seating) 110 State Street Boston, MA 02109
Sultan’s Kitchen (Middle Eastern Sandwiches) 116 State Street Boston, MA 02109
Green Dragon Tavern (American/Irish) 11 Marshal Street 02108
O Sushi 10 Huntington Ave Boston, MA 02115
Poor House (Mixture) 909 Boylston Street Boston, MA 02115
Mother Anna (Italian) 211 Hanover Street Boston, MA 02113

High End:
Lucca (Italian) 226 Hanover Street Boston, MA 02113
Ristorante Fiore (Italian) 250 Hanover Street Boston, MA 02113