Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Freedom Trail

Today we walked the Freedom trail in Boston. It was pretty interesting. We started in the Boston Common, which had a pretty strong police presence. I'm not sure why, unless they've had problems there in the past.

We walked through several old cemeteries, past all the historic buildings, and managed to make it all the way to Bunker Hill. Jess and John went up the monument, I stayed a the bottom, because I had already walked way too far for the day.

Afterwards, we eventually made our way to where they have the USS Constituion, and took the trolley back over to the city. Kind of a nice morning. I had to ice down and elevate my ankle after, but I think I will live.

The things I thought about while going through some of the stuff:
  • It was nice that Boston has been able to preserve those old historic buildings. Not all cities can or think about it soon enough.
  • There is a lot of history in Boston
  • I do not want to be in Boston when there is an earthquake here. I'm thinking there are serious problems here when that happens. Is Boston on a fault?
  • I walked way too far today.
  • The Italian restaurants in the North End smelled so good. Looking forward to trying one or two of them out this week.

No comments: