Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Restaurant Reviews

Legal Sea Foods
Boston

I had the clam chowder and grilled scallops here today. Both were very good. That's all I have to say. (Every one I've talked to has liked Legal Sea Foods. That's all I've got - the food was good. Maybe I'm just tired...)


The Squealing Pig
Boston

I heard this place had really good fish and chips. As far as I can remember, it has been 17 years since I had really good fish and chips. You just don't find it out where I live. Or at least you get something like "Pressed fish product and chips" or "fish fingers and chips." Whatever.

Anyway, Jess and I hopped on the subway this evening in search of this place, which wasn't all that hard to find, with the assistance of google maps navigator.

The fish and chips? Really, really good. The fish wasn't the very elusive giant piece of fish I've been scouring the countryside for, but the two pieces of fish were clearly fish, and very tasty. The fries? They weren't anything special, but the fish was really good. The platter also came with a coleslaw that seemed to be vinegar based, instead of mayonaise based. It was kind of nice.

After I got done eating, I thought about possibly ordering another. Then I thought that I was mostly full, not over full, and ordering another would just make me way too full. I didn't order another, but for a few minutes, it was a definite possibility. That's how good I thought it was. Worth a return trip.

No comments: