Monday, June 28, 2010

I just make it all up as I go along...

Tonight for Family Home Evening, we took the kids to the grocery store. I told the kids they could select anything they wanted for dinner, with a $5 limit. I also told them they could only do a maximum of two swaps to their choice, then they were locked in. The choices?
  • Tara - Frozen Pizza
  • Kate - Crunchy Cheetoos
  • Mary - Fruit snacks
  • Emma - Puffed Cheetoos
  • Ruth - My Little Pony fruit snacks
  • Lily - A Claim Jumper TV dinner
  • Adam - a bag of cookies
We let the kids start eating their dinner, whatever they picked. Lily, after being the only one to actually pick a dinner among all the kids, decided that she didn't want hers, of course.

Then we talked about about choices. Good choices, bad choices, maybe not so great choices.

A few minutes later, I talked to them about how they can overcome poor choices in their lives. I offered those who had decided their dinner selection choices weren't all that great a pancake.

Someday they will figure out I'm just making this stuff up. Until then, we'll keep going...

No comments: