Monday, June 14, 2010

Ways I know my wife's not trying to get rid of me

I was mowing my this evening. I guess my mind wandered after a while, because I started thinking of things Tara would tell me to do if she had it in for me. I think I ended up on this train of thought because I was thinking about getting on the roof while she was gone - a known problem for me in the past...

Anyhow, these are things I might hear Tara say if she was trying to get rid of me:
  1. "Here's a stick. Can you knock that big wasps nest down for me?"
  2. "I signed you up to play catcher in city league baseball this year..."
  3. "I know you don't have your ladder, why not get up on the roof, anyway?"
  4. "Let's run a marathon"
  5. "Let's run a half marathon"
  6. "Let's walk around the block"
  7. "I'm sure the way you are using that power tool is perfectly safe"
  8. "No need to double check that the circuit breaker is off"
  9. "I'm sure you could stay up for three days straight,just like you did in college"
  10. "Here. Eat this 2 pound candy bar."
  11. "Let's light off bigger fireworks this year"
There were others I thought were funny while I was mowing the lawn, but I can't remember them now. I haven't heard any of it yet. That's good news.

No comments: