Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Aquatica by Seaworld

We went to Seaworld's new water park, Aquatica. They have a number of different slides. We took the time to do them all. The park had maybe 10% capacity, it was fairly empty. The lines for all the slides were very short.

They had a "not so lazy" river, which moved a little fast. I spent a good while swimming around in it, Tara had a life jacket on. The second time we went to it, I also put a life jacket on, and it was much easier to go around the thing, I didn't have to do anything, just floated.

We tried to see the dolphins on the dolphin plunge, but it was going too fast to see them, and I got water splashed in my eyes just before getting to that point. The wave pool had 10 foot high waves over in the far corner of it. It was kind of fun chest bumping with 10 foot waves. This wore me out, though, it was lunch time, and I got really tired.

We went to the "Cabana Beach Cookout" thing, which was a BBQ buffet. The food was pretty good.

After lunch, we took it kind of easy, I was kind of tired and a little sore. Eventually it started raining, a lot of people ran for cover, we just got back in the lazy river.

They had a ride called "Taumata Racer." It was a thing that you went down on a little pad. I ended up bouncing down the thing, and had to do some coughing after the ride before I was able to walk, if you know what I mean. I didn't do that ride again.

All in all, the trip to the park made me glad I enacted a "No speedos in the house pool" rule before anyone arrived. There were a lot of people from Great Britain there, not that it means anything...

No comments: