Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Great Rabbitdinni

I got home from work yesterday, everyone was out in the side yard trying to catch the rabbit. Tara had gotten all scraped up by the thing. We weren't able to get the thing, I had an opportunity, but did get aggressive enough with it. (The rabbit definitely will not fall for the leaf rake trick again.) We ended up leaving the thing out for the night.

In the evening, while Kate tried chasing the rabbit from the neighbors yard into ours, I started putting chicken wire along the bottom of the fence, so the rabbit couldn't get out of the yard anymore. This is not done yet, but we definitely need to get it done. The next door neighbors have a big grape vine that's kind of hard to get into, this is where I found the rabbit this morning. I ended up catching it, another benefit of having fast reflexes, I guess.

I spent the rest of the morning making a stand with a little mini cage for the big brown rabbit. Now the rabbits are against the back of the house in previously unused space, and it is easier for Kate to clean things up. Once I get the chicken wire around the fence, things should be lots easier.

No comments: