Sunday, September 21, 2008

Book Review

The Five Dollar Success Story
From The Beginning through the First Five Years

John and Tara Family History
(As Recorded in the Journals of Tara Payne)

Volume I (1997-2003)

For our anniversary this year, Tara went through and transcribed her journals from back in the days through our 5th wedding anniversary. Her dedication of the thing reads "To My John. I didn't want you to miss out on what I have to say just because you couldn't read my handwriting. Thanks for making these last 10 years worth every penny."

The Five Dollar story is a tale for another time.

A long time ago, Tara started taking a scripture from her scripture reading every day, say something about why she was singling it out, and then did a 'normal' journal entry. It was an interesting read for me. Our first 5 years of marriage were the ones where I had the most broken bones. I was sick several other times, and had mono a couple of times. Tara was pregnant 3 times in this time period, and for a while of that time, had a calling in Young Women. All of this clearly wasn't the easiest set of things for her to deal with. (Some would say that just living with me that long would have been a chore in and of itself.)

Tara gives me too much credit in here sometimes I think, but she clearly has a faithful heart. That's all I am going to say here.

No comments: