Thursday, April 09, 2009

Why I dislike plastic Easter grass

When I was a kid, we had a cat. Scooter was the name of the cat, but that is not important to this story. Every Easter we would get Easter baskets filled with candy. The candy would be sitting in plastic Easter grass. I used to like finding the last of the jelly beans hiding in the grass. Then I would talk siblings out of their Easter grass when they were done with their baskets, and find the last 2 or 3 jelly beans.

Anyhow, anyone that has dealt with this Easter grass knows that it gets all over the place. It can't be stopped. You think you are getting all the pieces, and you still find it for weeks.

Back in the day, our cat used to eat the plastic grass, then go somewhere else in the house and throw up. Cat vomit is not fun. You have little pieces of kibble in it, and it smells bad.

Tara doesn't like it because it gets all over the place. A perfectly good reason to not like it. I don't like it because I don't want a small animal (or much more likely - child) eating it, going to some obscure corner of the house, and regurgitating it. This means my kids will not have the pleasure of finding that last jelly bean hiding in the grass in their basket...

1 comment:

nelson said...

I banned it from my house and bought paper grass instead and it hasn't gotten all over like plastic grass