Friday, April 24, 2009

"You look very familiar..."

I guess I have one of those faces. Or I get around a lot. Or a have a doppelganger that gets around a lot.

I am often told that I look familiar. Older people used to tell me I looked like a young JFK. (When I was younger, anyway) A few years back, people would say I looked a little like Bill Clinton. I thought that one was a little weird.

Two months ago, Tara and I went to a fundraiser dinner for the local high school baseball team. We sat across the table from an older couple who spent at least 5 minutes trying to figure out why I looked so familiar. I don't know what it is, maybe it's time for a haircut or something.

Today I got one that I had never got before. I was standing outside a restaurant waiting for Tara to get there, (Golden Coral, if you must know...) and this dude was walking in, he had this funny smile on his face. He came up to me and asked me if I was one of the Osmonds. I told him no. Then I thought about how weird that was. Or sort of weird. No one ever said that to me before. I wasn't singing or anything, I was just standing there. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I haven't shaved in 3 days.

Or maybe I need a haircut...

No comments: