Monday, June 01, 2009

Monday

Short of turning this blog into a travelogue, here's some stuff that happened today:

  • 7:20am - Knock at the door. It's Brigham, the kid in the neighborhood that I hired to mow the lawn for the next two months. Last weekend, he only got the front yard done. He didn't make it over this weekend. Either he felt really bad about it and wanted to come right away today, or his Dad gave him the gears about it, or his Mom was already tired of the kids. (Today was the first full day of summer vacation.) The grass was tall and wet, despite that, I think he did a good job. It was a little early for mowing, but he did a good job. Good think I went to bed early last night.
  • I was ready for lunch at 11am. Something about missing breakfast... Got some people at work semi-riled up about lunch, but they didn't actually get out of their seats, so I called Tara. All the kids were crying, they had to clean their bedroom before going to Grandmas house today, Tara caught them stuffing everything under Emma's bed. Took Tara to Applebees for lunch. I had some sort of triple trio platter, we got the sampler platter appetizer. I had pop and potato chips for dinner. I think any day that you have nothing but snacks/appetizers for meals is not a bad day...
  • I didn't wear my boot for my ankle today. I wanted to see what would happen. The ankle still hurts, maybe not as bad as before, but it hurts. Didn't feel like it would collapse on me tomorrow. Maybe I won't wear the thing again tomorrow to see what happens. My doctor's appointment is Thursday. I want to give a good report.
  • I dropped my laptop at the end of work today. The screen now moves independently of the base. I have it propped up with a box, but will need to have parts ordered tomorrow for it. This is why they get Accidental Care of them, I drop the thing, and Dell ships the parts. The thing was breaking before the drop, both lid latches are now broken instead of one, I've got a few loose screws. (And one missing screw.) I had hoped I could wait to get the thing fixed until my new one arrived, the orders at work too forever to order. The new one is supposedly on it's way finally, but it looks like I will be out a laptop for a day or two this week. (I don't have a desk to sit at, why use a laptop?)

No comments: