Friday, May 14, 2010

Book Review

Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
Devin Grayson & Flint Dille

A little while back, I was at the library with Adam poking around. I looked for comic book novelizations, or whatever you call those things. A lot of them were books people wrote "Based on the hit movie..." Just about all of these were not incredibly interesting sounding. Then I found a Batman book "based on the hit video game." Now there's an interesting idea. I've never played the game, so I decided to try out the book.

This book was interesting. It's about a super villian that unleashes lots and lots of criminals on Gotham one night, including a few super villians. His plan? keep Batman busy all night, and in the end, fight him. (Boss level.)

An interesting book. But also a bit of violence. Batman wins the day, with a little help from his friends. Maybe I should have told you that. Maybe you've played the game, but never been able to finish it, and I ruined it for you. Sorry about that.

In the end, the book reads a lot just like what you'd think a book based on a video game would read like.

No comments: