Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Change please

This morning I was told that Emma needed $3 for a school field trip. I only had a five dollar bill. As I was giving Emma the money, I told her to be sure to get her change back. I was clear that the extra two dollars was not a donation to the school.

I told Emma to be sure to let her teacher know I needed my two dollars back, because I was thirsty and needed to go to the gas station for a drink.

From what I hear, Emma was very clear with her teacher. Emma told Tara that her teacher told Emma she thought she had change on her desk, and got her the two dollars.

I wish I was a fly on the wall in that room. I imagine to myself that Emma raised a stink this morning about the two dollars. "My Dad said that I need to make sure that I get the money back for him. He told me that he's thirsty and needs to get a drink from the gas station." Priceless.

No comments: