Saturday, May 15, 2010

Nice day for a ballgame.


66 degrees outside, sunny, slight breeze. Perfect conditions for going out to the ballpark. This is the view we've got here in town. My house is a mile and a half closer to the mountains, for those that don't know. We are at 4500 feet elevation, the "Y" on the mountain is 6000 feet.

Tara had taken the three older kids to the library this afternoon for a book festival, I took the three smaller kids to the ball park. Before the game, we had J Dawgs and chips. Lily and Adam didn't really want their hot dogs, I ended up eating too much of it.


I got the kids freeze pops when we got there. They are "gi-normas", as Ruth says. (And only $1.25 at the stadium. A great deal for concessions stand prices, I think.)


After a few innings, after the freeze pops were gone, the kids wanted more treats. And Ruth had to go to the bathroom. Waiting for the bathroom, I noticed that Lily and Adam were starting to look a bit lobster like. Too much sun, I guess. We ended up leaving and going to Macey's for ice cream. (It only cost us $12 for the 4 J Dawg's, 4 chips, and our game tickets, so I didn't feel bad about leaving. Plus we lost our seats when we went to the bathroom, it was general admission, and the people behind us didn't save the seats for us.)

We are now at home watching the end of the game on the TV. It's 11-10 in the bottom of the 8th inning, BYU leads San Diego State. I've got the windows open in the back room, and all the blinds open, so it's sort of like being outside for the game still, just a different angle to watch the thing. It's just too bad the college baseball season doesn't last longer into the summer. By the time we start getting nice Saturdays like today, the season is almost over...

No comments: