Thursday, June 04, 2009

One more ankle update for the road...

I went to see the doctor today. He went over the MRI with me, and decided that the ankle looks solid. Up in the leg, you can clearly see one of the screw holes that is still there, but the ankle looks fine. Lots of swelling and irritation, but the bones, ligaments and tendons all looked pretty good. He said he didn't see a reason to cut me open. (Which is good to hear from a surgeon.)

He yanked, squeezed, and tugged on my ankle again. It didn't hurt as bad as it did when he did it 10 days ago, which I suppose is a good thing. The doctor wants me to stay in the boot for 2 more weeks, then switch back to a shoe. He wants me to take is easy for the next 2 weeks, and ease back into activities after that. He gave me a prescription for an anti-inflamitory, and approved a handicap hanger for the next month.

He figures that some improvement has been made in the last 10 days, and thinks things will go well by wearing the boot for another 2 weeks. That will be 5 weeks in the boot. He wants me to go see him in 2 months, sooner if things get really worse. He said if in 2 months I still have pain, but can localize it, he will shoot it with cortizone then.

He told me I could go to physical therapy starting in 2 weeks if I want, but I don't think I will. If anything, I have a season pass at Seven Peaks, I can always go over there after work, and walk around the wave pool or the lazy river to ease back into things...

No comments: