Monday, June 22, 2009

T-minus 23 days

Windows are framed up. Which is good because the windows are being delivered tomorrow and installed Wed/Thur. We need to get the door framed up for the installers still, but the windows are ready to go. I picked up an entire trash bag of junk from behind Mary and Kate's bed, and a bucket of toys, pencils, crayons, littlest pet shops, etc.

I started putting in insulation in the walls. I can get 30 cents a square foot back from the gas company for this stuff. I made about 30 dollars today based on turning the thing in...

You can't see much here, because Chad put up plywood over the new framing for the bedroom. This will hopefully cut down on the mosquitoes and snails in the house... One way or another, it comes down Wednesday to put windows in.

I had to cut some bushes back for the window installation. Here is a picture of a very hacked bush. It grows like a weed, I am sure it will recover.

The other new window. Which was just a wall yesterday.

I saw the biggest bee I have ever seen in my entire life in the laundry room today. I got it to leave the house without incident. The biggest bee I have ever seen. I don't think it was one of those Africanized honey bees, but it was big.

No comments: