Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vacation Food

In Buffalo, the wing is the King. I ate a bunch for dinner on Monday, have been sneaking a couple of Adam's this afternoon, and fully expect to have some more tomorrow. Wings sure are good. I would take some back for people at home if there were any way possible to get them there without eating them all...

For lunch today, Tara and I went out to a place called "Swiston's Beef and Keg". You can't tell from the picture here, but the sandwich had a lot of tasty meat on it. The place is really a bar that serves beef on weck. They have a little veggie station for you to get some veggies for your sandwich. Pretty tasty. If someone at the office could make these just like this, and come in at the Swiston's price of $5 per sandwich or better, I would seriously consider purchsing a subscription for lunches... The directions to the place was spot on - In Tonawanda, behind the Burger King, but before you drive into the creek. Good beef on weck.

I'm sure Buffalo has some other delicacies, but these are the ones I like.

No comments: