Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Over Memorial day weekend, we went out looking at dishwashers. Several stores had pretty good deals going. We ended up buying one, it was delivered today.

This morning, I got as far as hooking up the water, but when I realized where the electrical box for the thing was, I knew I had to do something different. The old washer was wired to a plug, and plugged into an outlet. I decided to hard wire the dishwasher, the work waited for this evening.

After much complaining, growling, and general noises of high irritation, I got t the thing wired into the existing outlet. A hole in the wall was required. This will be repaired later in the month. More complaining and growling was required as the input hose was dripping a little.

There is a load of dishes in the thing, and it is running through a cycle. So far, it's a lot quieter than our old dishwasher (expected), no dripping (hoped for), and no sparks or flames. (also hoped for)

The new dishwasher is about an inch shorter than the old one, I need to fix the frame I have around it sometime. I have not firmly attached it to the frame, I am waiting to make sure that it is working right. One other thing - I routed the hosed through the cabinets. It is no longer sitting on the floor.


Old washer

New Washer

Hole in the wall. To be fixed later.

No comments: