Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Cold showers - Not a big fan...

Our new tankless water heater is in the wall, nearly all hooked up and ready to go. They took the old water heater out to make room for the new one. One of the things that is waiting for the new water heater is power, which we have not quite gotten done yet.

Long story short? There is no hot water in this house. I tried to man up and take an ice cold shower tonight, but I couldn't quite do it. I tried, but it was cold. I knew I wouldn't be able to wash my head in that water.

I ended up getting a big bowl, filling it, and heating it up in the microwave for 5 minutes. The result? Sort of warm water. I washed my head with it, then soaped up with a wash cloth. I used all the slightly warm water for my head, so I ended up rinsing off in the cold, cold water.

Soon I will have a tankless water heater working here. No more cold showers in the near future.

I know what you are saying. "Didn't he grow up in Buffalo?" Yes, that's true, and I had to take some cold showers growing up, and I took some cold showers at the scout camp, and also a few on my mission, but I didn't like it. I prefer the slightly warmer than lukewarm, but not really scalding type of shower, unless I am really sore, then I make the water warmer.

If the hot water is not on tomorrow, I plan to head somewhere else for my water needs. There is a shower in my building, but we have to vacate before 5pm and can't come back at night. I could go over to the school gym...

No comments: