Saturday, July 04, 2009

Ten

I woke up this morning exhausted. Kenji was coming over to help out, so I decided to actually get out of bed, otherwise I might have stayed there all day. Last night, Chad came back over at 10pm to work on the bedrooms, we (mostly he, really) got the stuff sanded down, and the texture tossed up. Chad had a theory about the ceiling and walls being dry by the morning so I could put primer up. Things didn't quite turn out that way. I don't think it helped to have it pour down rain last night at about 2pm, just after we finished up the work. It got really humid everywhere. It also couldn't have helped that the ceiling fans were not running...


Kenji and I ended up going to Home Depot to pick some stuff up. We did my traditional "futile attempt to cross to the West side of town during the Freedom Festival parade". I don't know why I always try that.

Anyhow, we got more 2x4, lights for the hallways, and a counter top for the bathroom. When we got the truck unloaded, Kenji helped me put the lights in. (It's a three or four hand job. I put one of those type of lights in our closet a while back, it took me about 4 hours and plenty of unkind words towards the light. It was much easier with two people...)

You can almost see the texture on the walls in this picture. After lighting, I was tired, I thanked Kenji and he went home. I ate lunch and seriously considered doing nothing else the entire day. In my head I heard Yoda say "The urge to be lazy is strong with this one...", which I posted on Twitter. Jared Garrett replied back with "Do.. or do not. There is no try." My reply to that was:

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

Anyhow, blurry cell phone pictures don't do justice to the bedroom texture. I guess if you want to see it you will have to come over.


After my bout with laziness was over, I drywalled half the bathroom. I also got one wall and part of a closet done before dinner. For dinner I had a really big home made hamburger with onions, olive oil, and steak seasoning mixed in, along with french fries and corn. Tomorrow I plan to have a pork chop with french fries and corn. I'm going for a theme this weekend.


After dinner, I decided that I had plenty of time to finally put the primer on the walls in the two bedrooms. It took 3 hours and I broke the broom handle, but it is done, I can start painting on Monday. If anyone is out there with carpeting experience that wants to help out later this week, I would be glad to have you over.

I am still very tired, which is ok, since it is bedtime. I need to get plenty of sleep in the next 24 hours, I have to patch all our servers late tomorrow night. (Monday morning, really.) I hear they might have chips and salsa there when we get into the data center...

No comments: