Saturday, July 11, 2009

Not exactly firing on all cyliners

Today was a strange day. It felt like half of what I touched I messed up. Maybe I should have just stayed in bed, but we had some people come over to help out today, which was appreciated, and it would have been pretty tacky to sleep through it.


James and Mike worked more on gutting the bathroom. There is more to do, but they got quite a bit done.


At one point, this is what the bathroom floor looked like. (It's called a tessellation, and it's ugly.)


The carpet guys came to install the carpet I had for both bedrooms. Turned out that the carpet remnant was a little too small to fit in both rooms. I had to go get another piece for the other bedroom, but the installers had to go, they will come back Monday.

I went to Taylor's Carpets in Provo. It's way back out of the way, but the guy is really nice. He knocked down the price on the remnant for me as well. I think we will have to go back there again.

After the carpet went in the one bedroom, I put in the baseboard. I say that, but it turns out that what I was really putting in was the moulding for the windows, not the baseboard. A few hours later I ended up pulling it out and putting in the real baseboard. We will have to see if we can still use the window moulding I used or if I need to get more.


I started to put up a dry erase board in the hallway. We hope that maybe the girls will focus their energies on drawing on the whiteboard instead of the walls...

The plumber was here for a while today, his goal was to get me a toilet, shower, and hot water. Two out of three isn't bad, I guess. He says hot water definitely on Monday.

Rich came over and showed me how to install a new circuit breaker. It's less shocking than I thought it would be.

I was picking something up for the plumber this afternoon, I accidentally knocked the gear shift into reverse. I don't know what's wrong with me. I thought for a minute that I would either get run over or drop the transmission, or both. Neither happened, the truck isn't running any worse than it already was. (Seem to have a problem with first gear...)

I'll have to maintain a low profile tomorrow, see if the brain cloud passes.

The house will not be done by the time Tara gets back. I will have failed in my goal. It's a little frustrating.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I don't think you could have done any more than you have done. You're awesome. Don't worry about it.