Thursday, July 23, 2009

House remodel update

It's been a little too long since I posted, long overdue. I owe this in part to the fact that in the past week I:
  • flew from here to Buffalo via Baltimore
  • Ate a bunch of chicken wings
  • Ignored my laptop for about 5 days
  • Packed up Tara and the girls
  • Drove to Indiana, visited Grandma Oaks - She seems to be doing well.
  • Drove the rest of the way home
  • Fixed a fairly high priority problem at work
  • Got back into helping try to get the house going
The house isn't quite child approved, at least not for 6 children. I made a list of things to do, with must/should/could categories. We got a few things crossed off the list today. The kids have taken over Tara's parents house. Our van is with the young men from the ward, they are going to Seattle. (We hope the truck lasts until the van gets back, it is starting to have some driving problems...)

Anyhow, the camera is back, I have some better quality pictures for everyone:

The laundry room and back bath are still the front end of a work in progress. It might get there sooner or later, we are getting closer to being able to throw drywall up.

Kitchen pantry - doesn't look incredibly exciting, it is just a big empty room. (Now with a light!) More to come.

I picked this carpet remnant out at the carpet place yesterday. The carpet guys came today to install it. They did a really good job. Drew came tonight and started throwing down the baseboard.

The little hall fits the dresser perfect. Just like I planed. The long famed prize box is on top. There are two more dressers to put in the hall, a job for tomorrow.

I drew a map for the kids when they get back. It's only half the house, but I think they can figure it out.

Tara and I went and bought doorknobs tonight. We have doorknobs again. We also bought fire detectors, which I installed tonight.

I spent about 5 hours today trying to fix the electrical in the main bath. It was kind of screwy. I ended up taking everything all apart after spending an hour trying to figure out what was going on. I traced every wire, which took a while, running back and forth turning the breaker on and off. I got everything working.

The bathroom, hall, and bedrooms only have a few small things things to do, hopefully we can have them all done in a few days.

Tomorrow's crazy electrical project? Trying to make some sense out of this.

Got work-work to do. Gotta go.

No comments: