Monday, July 06, 2009

Double Stamp Monday

This morning was our semi annual patch day. Fun for us. I was wrapping things up at about 4am when I found my semi annual hardware failure. Most of my servers are getting pretty old. We are trying to replace them this year, if we can. Anyhow, they only get rebooted twice a year, I find the hardware problems when they get rebooted.

Today's victim was a server that has been having problems for a couple of years. I have been able to resuscitate it in the past, but not today. Today it died. Because it was supposed to be replaced this year, I didn't think it was worth the effort to replace the disks and rebuild the server. I took a short nap, and we all got to work moving things to alternate locations.

Luckily for Jess and I, John walked in this morning from his trip to Europe. We briefed him and went home. I got another short nap this afternoon before working on the house a little. Tonight I plan to get a nice long sleep in, tomorrow I'm back into the fray.

"Double Stamp Monday"? After my short nap this morning, I was pretty groggy. I had to stop in at the gas station for a drink. The gas station has a frequent beverage card, Mondays are double stamp days. Bonus.

No comments: