Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Mayor/City Council

Today the city opened up applications for municipal elections today. We are voting for mayor and a city wide city council member.

There is no application fee. You do not need to get any signatures.

Should I run for Mayor? There are only three downsides. The first is you can't have any compensated employment in the city. The second might be the current state of my house. I have about a dozen little renovation projects going at the same time. Some would say it is one big project, and I should have a building permit... The third is that I might win, then I have to get the city council under control.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome...go for it!

rob

Tara said...

No compensated employment in the city? What would we live on? Otherwise I think it is a great idea.

Mom said...

Does compensated employment in the city include your job at BYU? I don't think you should give up your day job for one that might only last 4 years..... otherwise, go for it.