Monday, April 09, 2007

The Emmaverse

When Kate was little, she had elaborite stories that involved her pretending friends. This was ok, but sometimes she would talk to Amy on the phone for hours about it.

Emma likes to also tell stories, but she doesn't involve imaginary friends. She tells stories from her own little universe where things are always a little different.

Stories like "The yesterday that was a long time ago, my Dad took me to the store and left me there. I walked all over the store." "My Mom and Dad are in the temple right now. There are no doors to the temple, I don't know how they got there." Other types of stories involving enough reality that someone who doesn't know her would think she's tell about real events. Someday, the Child and Family Services department will be at our door investgating us because of the "Life and Times of Emma."

The funny thing is, when she is telling the stories, they are at times long and involved. Also, anything in the past is yesterday, but if it was a while ago, it was "yesterday that was a long time ago."

Yesterday, because it was Easter, it wasn't Sunday. Sunday was delayed a day.

No comments: