Monday, April 02, 2007

Restaurant Review

Quiznos Subs

I got talked in to going here at work today, they had coupons. I had never been to Quiznos before, so I thought I would give it a try.

I decided to order a Prime Rib on Garlic Bread sub. I expected some sort of bread that had garlic baked into it, but what happened was they took their normal bread, sprayed some sort of liquid on it, and tossed it into the oven to toast. (They didn't do a good job spraying the stuff. Most of it ended up on one spot on the bread.)

After the thing came out, they took the bread back to the beginning to put the stuff on it. I was told to move along, because I was done at that section. I was waiting for the guy to put the toppings on the sub, and not really paying attention, but the guy in front of me told the employee that he thought my sub was stuck in the cooker. Sure enough, the little try thing had snagged, my sandwich was stuck in there. He tried to fish it out, and it started coming, but snagged again. By the time he pulled my sandwich out, it was visibly charred. He asked what toppings I wanted, we talked about it, then I asked if he could scrape off the charred parts of the sandwich. (At this point, I didn't really expect him to try or anything, but was curious as to what would happen.) He took his 12 inch long bread knife, and started trying to scrape the charcoal off the sandwich. (He only used the end of the thing, and really didn't do a good job...) After that, he took the bread knife, smashed down the ingredients of the sub, folded it over, splitting it in the middle, and wrapped it up.

While I was waiting for my coworkers to get their order, I started trying to find napkins. I was not successful. I asked one of the employees, they had a roll of paper towel next to the cash register, and started saying how they were out of napkins, they had a busy week. (It was the kind of giant paper towel roll you find in any bathroom dispenser. No perforations, just a giant roll of paper...)

It was kind of a new level of fast food incompetance. I was kind of amazed, kind of amused, kind of disappointed. When I got back to the office and started eating, the sub was split open on the back side, all the ingredients slipped immedately out of the bread. It became some sort of meat salad, with burnt bread. I didn't doo a very good job eating everything together, at the end I had several slices of slightly undercooked meat with nothing else but the juices from the sandwich.

Needless to say, I am disappointed in my very first trip to Quiznos. I have no plans to ever go back, and I would most definitely not recommend the one over here by the hospital.

No comments: