Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Stake Bouncer

Yesterday afternoon I got a call from someone that needed a last minute temple recommend interview. (At the time I talked to them, they still hadn't met with a member of the Bishopric...) What they didn't know was that the Stake PResident was on vacation in California, and the 2nd Counselor was in Arizona for work.

I talked the the 1st Counselor at 7:25pm, he could have met with the people after or 7:30 meeting, but I couldn't get the people to call me back. He had to leave at 6am this morning, his little daughter was having a heart procedure, and he wasn't going to be back until Friday evening.

The people finally called me back shortly before 10pm, which was too late for the interview. They wanted to get a current recommend to go to the Manti temple Friday morning for something going on there. Now they are making other plans.

I never really understood this sort of thing. Like the people getting married that wait until the very last minute to call to get Living Ordinance recommends from the Stake President. It's not like the wedding date is a surprise to them. Generally people schedule temple weddings a little in advance, there aren't too many elopements to the temple... You'd think getting the recommend all squared away would be an important thing on the radar.

Anyway, they took the news better than I thought they would, or they seemed to, anyway.

No comments: