Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fine Print

I think the fine print you find on products is sometimes really funny. It is amazing some of the things you find on labels when you look. I am sure it is a product of all the lawsuits that go around. I remember when McDonald's had that little problem because someone spilled coffee on themselves and got burnt. They sued McDonald's for not letting them know the coffee was hot...

Anyhow I have a potential new regular feature here. I call it "reading the fine print." (Like the "May contain nuts" label on a bag of peanuts...) We will see if it sticks or not.

Today's entry:

I bought a new measuring cup, one of those new angled measuring cups, so you can see the volume being poured while looking from the top. The front label had a "Dishwasher safe, Microwave Safe*" label on it. When you followed the asterisk down to the bottom label, you found "Do not microwave fat (oil, butter, etc.) for longer than 4 minutes."

No comments: