Sunday, November 02, 2008

Semi Annual "Daylight Saving" rant

OK, it's that time of year again, where I normally go off about fiddling with clocks. (OK, so it is not normally this time of year, but a few weeks back. It's all really silly.)

I am going to spare everyone the normal rant this time. I have something else to talk about.

I have been using my cell phone for a couple of months as an alarm clock. It can sometimes make a pretty convincing argument about my needing to get up out of bed sometimes. Last night I didn't worry about setting any clocks back. I had the alarm on my phone, and figured it would ring at the appropriate time just like any other morning. Unfortunately for me, my phone is more like a computer, and less like an alarm clock. The alarm went off at 6:30am, not 7:30am as I expected it to. It set the time back, but also set the ringer back. I didn't know cell phones worked on GMT, but they must. Or there is a bug in the software on my particular model...

I still think we shouldn't be switching to Daylight "Saving" at all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rant away john payne, rant away.

rob