Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nocturnal Visitors

About a mile South of us is the Stake Hospital. On the grounds of the Stake Hospital is a grove of apple trees. It looks like a herd of deer live in the orchard, there are deer crossing signs up over there.


Our neighbors have two apple trees that they don't seem to pay much attention to. Sometimes I have the girls pick up the rotten apples from the ground and toss them in the green recycling, and we did it once this year, but a lot of apples were left on the ground and the tree this year.

I have seen some deer tracks in the snow of our front yard this year, but didn't think much of it. Last week, Tara and I saw a really big deer having a little snack. Tonight when we got home, another deer was having a snack. I guess they like the apples, maybe the green apples taste better than the ones they can get at the hospital. Sorry the pictures are not good, it was dark, and I didn't want to spook the thing too bad.

No comments: