Thursday, January 15, 2009

Zork!


West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.
Infocom is currently offering downloads of Zork I, II, and III for zero Zorkmids. Certainly a good deal. Somewhere around here I have (official) CDs with these games on them, but I may download the games from the site anyway, just in case.

Ah, the days of my youth, sitting in front of the computer. Lost in a maze of twisty passages, all alike. Then my lantern goes out. It is dark. I am likely to be eaten by a grue. I spent many hours trying to figure out what that little wind up chick was actually for. (It never really occured to me what I was actually supposed to do with the stuff, making things occassionally frustrating.) There is nothing like a good text based adventure game...

2 comments:

Pro Payne said...

I get a 404 File Not Found... Were you able to download them?

jjp said...

I've got them, but gmail is not letting me send the *.zip files. Can you unpackage a *.tar if I send it to you?