Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Play review

Thoroughly Modern Millie

...Or at least as modern as you can get when the setting is 87 years in the past...

And it was a musical, not a play. I usually try talking my way out of the musicals, but I guess I either forgot about it, or didn't have the energy this year. We took the Garretts with us.

It was a good play, the actors did a good job trying to sing above the orchestra, but I think the orchestra got a little carried away a couple of times. Luckily we were on the front row, and had a little speaker right in front of us.

Other than that, it was a thoroughly modern 'cheese' fest. Tara liked it, and laughed at it all night.

I am just glad they didn't have a dude wandering around the stage singing to his lantern... It wasn't a bad play.

No comments: