Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Phone? New phone plan? What do we do?

Tara's phone is plenty old. Well past due for a replacement. Tara doesn't use her phone all that much. I looked a year ago, switching to a pay-as-you-go plan from Verizon then would have netted about a $20 a month savings. I looked again today, in the past year, we could have saved about $12 a month:




Last year's numbers includes a huge month in the summer, when Tara was in Buffalo, I was here at home. $200 a year is not tons, but it's something. Tara could get herself football and basketball tickets for next year at that savings. There are plenty of things we could do with $200...

What do I do? As far as I can tell, you can't transfer your existing number to a prepaid number. Tara kind of wants to keep her existing number. I hear rumors that there might be a cell plan at Verizon that's less than we are paying now, but I haven't been able to find it yet. Do I do nothing, and just get her a new phone? Is there a better monthy plan? The prepaid plan would save money, but there is also the cost of the new phone and the activation fee.

Maybe I need to go up to the Verizon store.

1 comment:

Scott said...

So we just replaced my wife's phone, too. I decided to call the national customer service number (AT&T) to see what options we had before we went into the store. Glad we did. Customer service seemed more concerned with keeping me a happy customer than selling me something (not the impression I got when we went to the store). Good luck!