Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Restaurant Review

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Houston, Texas

We got to Houston this evening, we thought it was going to be very warm here when we landed, but it was actually quite nice weather. Really nice weather. We are here visiting HP tomorrow, be back home tomorrow night, but the HP guys bought us dinner.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen seems to be a pretty nice restaurant. Some of the people there decided they wanted a crab stuffed steak, I couldn't decide between the Fried Seafood platter, or the Redfish Palacios. Our waiter indicated he would go with the Redfish, hands down, anytime.

My meal was very good. The sides were green beans, cooked but still crisp, and potato wedges. The fish came with sauteed shrimp, crawfish, and tomatoes. I really liked it. I had a Red Drum several years ago in New Orleans, it was a nice piece of fish, not too fishy tasting and tender. This fish here was the same way.

I also tried the andouille sausage & seafood gumbo. I thought it was good, the guy next to me from Idaho thought it was kind of spicy, I thought it could use a little more spice. It was still a good soup.

No comments: