Thursday, March 04, 2010

Stop throwing things at our house, please.

We've had things tossed into our yard lately. Yesterday, Tara found a pop can. It had a little paper towel in it, smelled of gasoline, and was burned up. It was laying underneath Emma's window. The siding under Emma's window is all scorched. We had a cop and someone from the fire department over looking at things. I figure the can was just lobbing in the direction of the house, a little too hard, hit the window sill, splattered, and away they went.

I had meant to go over and talk to them before, but when it's fire being lobbed into the yard, we have a problem...

Tonight, less than 30 minutes ago, I'm sitting in the back room, and a snowball hits the window. I jumped up, got my shoes and coat, and went out there. Didn't see anyone, but our fairly new neighbors were home. Snowball could only have come from their house, or the Niccoli's place, we are pretty sure they didn't do it.

I went over to the place behind us, the husband was cooking something in a steamer next to the garage. The husband doesn't seem to speak English. The wife, Beppa, does. (They are Tongan.) I talked to her about how I was their neighbor behind them, how we had 6 kids (Kate's the same age as their youngest.), and what's been happening lately. News to the parents, I guess. The wife said she would talk to her kids about it.

Hopefully it helps. We can't let things like this keep happening, it's just silly. We should have them over to the house when it gets warmer, get to know them some. They seem like nice people.

No comments: