Thursday, March 25, 2010

I've made my hair angry

For the past two weeks, I've been combing my hair the opposite way than I've been combing it for the past 20 to 30 years or so. (It was short, I figured 'why not') You know, the "Bizarro John" direction for my hair.

Tara noticed a couple of days ago. The reason she noticed is the hair on the top of my head had finally gotten long enough to lay down when you comb it. This was fine for the hair on top, and I'm sure people at work enjoyed the visit of 'Bizarro John', but the hair in the very front of my head stayed going the original direction. Like I zigged when I should have zagged while combing my head.

Tara got me to start combing it the non-Bizarro direction. The hair isn't so happy right now. Some of it heads the Bizarro direction, some goes the normal direction, most goes forward, and some of my hair is just a bit confused.

Bizarro John is gone. 10 minutes after I got to work today, I had a number of people at our desks, trying to be helpful and generally just in the way. I threw out my hands and said "Everyone out!" The DBAs had the good sense to scatter. Jeff had to convince an application guy it was in his best interest to go for a walk.

If I can't get the hair to pick a direction and go, I might have to take the shaver to it and start over again...

2 comments:

Mom said...

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not the shaver again!

Anonymous said...

no pictures?

rob