Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Traveling on April Fools

I am headed to Houston today for a work trip, be back tomorrow night. I've sworn off April Fools jokes, since Tara has only recently forgiven me for the last one I did. (Mentioning it here two days in a row is by no means foreshadowing of things to come tomorrow...)

Someone at work asked what I would do if Texas decided to secede from the Union while I am down there. I'd be stuck, not having a passport or visa. The thought occurs to me, if something really weird happens while I am down there, Tara will never believe me. Even the most outrageous story, complete with pictures and anything wouldn't be believed. I have lost the right to credibility when I'm on the road on April 1st.

Could be a blizzard in Houston. Could be locusts falling from the sky. Aliens could land. None of this would be believed.

So, here's what happened tomorrow on my trip. Absolutely nothing. We went, visited with HP, and came home. Nice boring trip. No big deal...

No comments: