Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The anti-schedule

Headed into interviews, I thought I had the President's schedule all worked out and ready to roll. Things don't always go as planned.

His 6pm appointment didn't show. There was a kid the President wanted to visit with today, who moved into one of the wards recently. The ward had his phone number wrong. I had been looking for him for the past 2 days, even stopped by his place. The guy walked in at 6:02pm to get an eccelssiastical endorsement interview, just as I was getting his correct phone number from his uncle. (He came around the corner and said "Are you talking about me?" (He has a sort of uncommon first name)) He met with the President first. At 6:05, someone came in for a Living ordinance recommend that didn't make an appointment. She had scheduled to be at the temple tomorrow at 6:30am. (She's going on a mission next week) I asked her to come back at 8pm, and moved the 8pm appointment to 8:30, because one of the Bishops cancelled. (So far so good.)

Mark was there, I told him I fully expected the 6pm appointment to saunder in at 7:30. (He's done this before.) He walked in at 7:10. I was off by 20 minutes. I told him he missed his time, and invited him to take a seat, but didn't promise an audience with the Stake President. Between going a little over on 2 appointments, and fitting in the 6:00/7:10, the 7:30 appointment with a Bishop didn't start on time. The new 8:00 came back at 7:45, he took her first, and got in with the Bishop (7:30) at 8:10.

The 8:30 appointment got in at about 8:45, which I thought was pretty good. The Stake president ended the night only 15 minutes late for his 9pm appointment.

I fully expect next Tuesday to be just as crazy as today was, but I will be out of town. Good luck to them, I say.

This is why I don't normally make a post on Tuesdays.

No comments: