Friday, June 22, 2007

Book Review


The Fan
Peters Abrahams

Bleh. I picked this box up, because a few weeks ago, I heard a news blurb about Barry Bonds, wondering if some crazy fan would try to hurt him to keep Hank Aaron's HR record active, a la "The Fan."

Turns out this book was not worth the reading I put into it. The book takes about 200 pages to show the guy's life spinning out of control. Then it takes a 100 pages showing him get violently obsessive over a baseball player.

If you took out the sexual references, the vulgar language, and the generally brooding of the book, you are left with a fairly short story. I don't recommend the book, so here's the end: The main character kills one baseball player, then completely flips out, and is killed trying to get to another.

Move on to the next one on the shelf. I don't plan to ever read anything by this author again...

No comments: