Sunday, June 03, 2007

Post 1001. AKA - "Out of context Visiting Teaching message report"

You may have noticed - I didn't until today - I have hit 1000 posts on this blog. That means there is about 36 of them now that are about anything meaningful. Maybe sometime in the next couple of days, I will go back and do an introspective "greatest hits" post to commemerate this milestone.

The other day, we came home, Tara's visiting teachers had been by, and dropped off 5 little kid's plates with a little message. (And a bar of fancy soap. I'm not exactly sure how these 3 things all tie together, I guess I am missing something.) I have been using one of the plates in an effort to serve myself smaller portions. I don't know that this is working, since going for seconds is always a real possibility.

Anyway, the message they left had a little note on it:

"Maybe this talk could be of some help!

good luck

love, Stephanie"

The message was from the September 2003 New Era, by Elder Lynn Robbins, it was entitled "Finding Your Sweetheart".

Now I know nothing about the background to Tara being dropped off this message, but I won't let her tell me, I prefer my own delusions. I figure Tara's visiting teacher doesn't actually like me. She's trying to get rid of me, and she's on a campaign to help Tara find someone else.

It's kind of weird, and I fully expect a rebuttal soon.

No comments: